My Springer Spaniel sat next to me on the glider near out fire pit, his eyes closed, nose to the sun, soaking in the rays that had been hidden for so long. I sat watching winter melt away one drip at a time, each drop sparkling in the sun like diamonique bargains on QVC.
I watched my Fox Trotter soak up the rays as well and I thought about what led me to this breed. Of course comfort was the big drawing card. I couldn't picture my aging spine tolerating much more vertical movement. Think I've shrunk about a half inch already and who needs to speed that process? A sure footed horse is what I needed and one that could cover long distances quickly and love doing it too.
Since this breed is favored by the U.S. Forrest Service I though now there's a few mile to cover, count me in.
Just a few more drips and we'll be riding again and not a moment too soon.
Happy Trails, Kathy Horsedrivensite.net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment