I can't believe that it's that time of year but I'm planning my war on flies already. It's me against them, take no prisoners. They may have the numbers but hopefully I've got the brains. Of course their species has been around longer than mine, but mine knows how to accessorize and that's worth something, right?
I recently came across a recipe for a natural fly spray you can make at home assuming that you can find the essential oils to do so. I'm curious to smell this concoction. No self respecting fly would want to land and fly away smelling like a potpourri. This formula was posted on equisearch.com so here it is:
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups cold tea, sage or chamomile
20 drops eucalyptus oil
20 drops citronella oil
10 drops lavender oil
10 drops tea tree oil
10 drops cedar oil
20 drops emulsifier such as polysorbate 20
Can't wait to try this cocktail on the horses to keep the pesky flies away. I'll keep you posted on my success finding these ingredients.
Happy Trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment