Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle

It seems like an eternity since I've ridden when in fact it's been four months. I was released today from physical therapy for my Achilles tendinitis so I zipped home to load up my Fox Trotter for an indoor arena maiden voyage. Under all that mud was still my girl.

My mare loaded and unloaded with no problem, but the 60 degree weather and the remains of her winter coat set her into a series of yawns that made me chuckle. Imagine wearing your down parka while jogging in rapidly warming temperatures. My tack was not well organized nor was it clean, but what the heck, I had to seize the moment.

My Fox Trotter did everything that I asked of her and it was as if we hadn't missed a beat. At eight years old she's so sensible and so sweet. In previous years she wasn't that happy about arena exercises, but this year she was a willing partner even though her preference is to be on trail with an adventure around every corner. Our next ride will be on trail, although there's always the threat of a March renegade snow.

Thank heaven for spring, and happy trails, Kathy

Horsedrivensite.net

No comments:

Post a Comment