Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fly Away, The Sequal

I did a little research on the Internet looking for the ingredients for the natural, homemade fly spray I wrote about. The ingredient that mystified me the most was the ploysorbate 20. This sounded rather ominous, but it turns out that it's an oleic acid derived from olive oil and is said to be non irritating.

There are numerous websites for essential oils, so you can price shop and shop for good shipping deals. I found a website named silkyscents.com which seemed to have a wide variety of essential oils. Another website named makingcosmetics.com is where I found polysorbate 20 which is used as an emulsifier for the spray.

Can't wait to smell all of these ingredients mixed together. If nothing else we'll come off the trail defying our usual post ride odor.

Happy Trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net

No comments:

Post a Comment