Each rider we passed on trail yesterday had the same grin and the same comment, "No Bugs". The weather has cooled considerably during the night, probably slowing down those pesky horse flies. It was fun to see horses without their fly gear. One of my riding buddies commented on the shading of my horses ears which she had not seen all summer.
This summer was particularly hot and dry, I guess good fly breeding weather. I even invested in a fly butt rug which saved me from many a pesky horse fly intruder. It's an amazing sense of freedom when you're not trying to outrun those stealth bombers. Our horses were less distracted and happy as could be. I was happy too having avoided the need to plaster myself and the horses with bug repellent.
Anticipating the leaves turning is the next great joy.
Happy trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.ent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment