Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Gap Here

As I've trail ridden with several different groups, and several different women, it has occurred to me that on any given day the ages of the riders can span 3 generations. I find this to be both empowering and encouraging.

In a culture that typically emphasizes differences in generations and that does not value aging, especially in women, I find that riding with women of all ages to be a wonderful bonding experience. Caring for and riding horses is for certain an anti aging activity. The physical and the mental activity it takes to ride regularly is what keeps us well, balanced and happy.

I've often thought of my trail rides as my therapy, and the on trail discussions with other women as an important component. Being on trail close to the beauty of nature and close to the power of the horse make for a perfect day. There are no generation gaps on trail.

Happy Trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net

No comments:

Post a Comment