I will never cease to be amazed by the miracle of the partnership that horse and rider create. I read once that it's the sum of "two nervous systems" coordinating efforts. When you have a true partnership with a horse that "effort" is almost seamless and nothing is more exciting than to have that "flow" with an equine partner.
Riding should be fun, not a battle of wills. Having owned my Fox Trotter for 4 years now, I can attest that each year gets better and the partnership stronger. That is why when I read of the death of a rider's beloved horse on a website, I could not hold back the tears because I understood what had gone into developing that bond.
Each day I am grateful for the beauty of the relationship I share with my horse. I hope that you have had that experience as well.
Grateful to be on trail, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment