Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Give Me Air

For the competitive trail ride I thought that I could camp one night, but remember I'm the Marriott camper. I made a last minute decision to camp because the competition began so early in the morning. Basically a noncamper, I thought that I could get by with a cushion and memory foam on the floor of my tack room which has a screen door. There would even be room for my collapsible Japanese commode that folds nicely into a carrying bag.

My back had other ideas as I tossed and turned to get comfortable on my makeshift bed. I'd forgotten that I was 20 many years ago, and that there was a reason why I called myself the Marriott camper. A fellow rider thought that she could sleep in the back of her truck and guess how that ended up. It was fate that a Bed Bath and Beyond flyer came to my house the next day advertising an air mattress. The universe was speaking to me.

So guess where I'm headed tomorrow.

Stay trail happy, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net

No comments:

Post a Comment