It could be my imagination which is surely possible, but I think that the water bag trick is working. Maybe it's too early in the fly season to know for sure. Certainly my fly predators have been busy doing their jobs, eating larvae off manure, but the Ziploc bags with water and shiny pennies in them may also be repelling flies.
The whole idea sounded a little crazy when I first read about it. The theory is that flies avoid the reflections created by the water and by the pennies. I have two bags placed atop poles near my barn and pasture. I warned my neighbor about the experiment so he wouldn't think I'd totally flipped.
Surrounded by cattle, we can grow a pretty healthy fly population in our area. I'll keep you posted on our progress. I have lots more poles and Ziplocs to add to the battle.
Happy Trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment