Every season has it's flying pest challenges and riding today on a beautiful spring afternoon was no exception. While grooming and tacking up for our ride, I suddenly realized that I was tasting little tiny gnats and not liking it very much. My Fox Trotter was shaking gnats off her ears and I was remembering that we go through cycles of various aerial bombers throughout the riding season.
I came across a recipe for a repellent in my Horse Council news letter. It consists of mixing 9 teaspoons of petroleum jelly with 1 teaspoon of concentrated (2.5%) permethrin and a half teaspoon of Camph-Phenique from the drug store. Apply a layer on and just inside of the ears, around the eyes and around the nostrils.
I plan to try this if I can figure out where to buy permetrhin concentrate. Will keep you posted.
Happy Trails, Kathy, Horsedrivensite.net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment