Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't Tread on Me

Being the back seat driver that I am, whenever my husband does not make a full stop at a stop sign my smart ass comment is that the rules apply to everyone else but not to him. Actually I stole this remark from a friend's wife who used it in a similar situation.

This came to mind when I read, in my local Horse Council newsletter that riders were riding in environmentally sensitive areas where they were told not to ride. Delicate wildflower beds were destroyed in the process. Trails that were painstakingly being repaired were ruined. I guess these riders felt that the rules didn't apply to them and that these public lands were their private playground.

These public lands are a gift to be treasured and to be persevered. Riders who don't follow the rules may jeopardize my right to ride these trails and that would really piss me off.

Let's remember rule # 1 from kindergarten: play well with others.

Happy Trails, Kathy, horsedrivensite.net

No comments:

Post a Comment